- BS degree, University of South Dakota, Vermillion, S.D.
- MD degree, University of South Dakota School of Medicine, Sioux Falls, SD.
Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minn.
Board certified in general surgery, American Board of Surgery
American College of Surgeons
- Medical Director, North Trauma Institute, North Memorial Medical Center, 1993 – 2010
- Chairman, Minnesota State Trauma Advisory Committee, 2005-2010
- Board of Trustees, North Memorial Medical Center, 2007-2010
- Former Chief Medical Officer, North Memorial Health Care System
- Chief Executive Officer, North Memorial Health Care System, 2015-present
- Former President, North Memorial Population Health and Ambulatory Services
- Former lead physician for North Memorial’s physician organization
Top Doctor, Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018
Dr. Croston enjoys sailing, hunting, fishing, golfing, and spending time at his lake cabin in northern Minnesota.
Why did you choose to become a surgeon?
I have always wanted to be a person who would be trusted to do the right thing and deliver the best outcomes. Surgery seemed to fit that best.
What’s special about Specialists in General Surgery?
It’s a group that chooses to practice together, independently, and provide health care the way it should be delivered.