“The satisfaction of performing an operation well that results in the cure of a disease for a patient, and then having the opportunity to see that patient relieved of suffering, is why I chose to become a surgeon,” said Corey Stennes, M.D., F.A.C.S. At Specialists in General Surgery, “the people are amazing,” he added. “Everyone works hard to excel in what they do, and it shows in the care our patients receive.” Dr. Stennes and his wife, Lauren, a pediatrician, enjoy spending time with family, traveling, and exploring the outdoors.
Special Medical Interests:
- Thyroid disease
- Parathyroid disease
- Adrenal disease
- Repair of complex hernias
- Hiatal hernia and reflux surgery
- Gastrointestinal malignancies
- BA in biology and philosophy, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Md.
- MHS in molecular microbiology and immunology, Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health, Baltimore, Md.
- MD degree, St. Louis University, St. Louis, Mo.
- Residency: University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tenn.
- Board certified in general surgery, American Board of Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Americas Hernia Society
- American Medical Association
- Minnesota Surgical society
Chief of Surgery, Maple Grove Hospital
Top Doctor/Rising Star, Mpls./St. Paul Magazine 2018, 2019, 2020