“I love doing things with my hands,” said Rachel Tay, M.D., F.A.C.S. “As a kid, I enjoyed doing home improvement projects with my dad, and as a young adult, I became interested in painting. Surgery to me is just as fun, plus I get to improve people’s lives.” She said the dynamic with the group of surgeons at Specialists in General Surgery is excellent. “Everyone works hard and gets along well because we are all here for the same purpose – to help patients and to provide excellent care,” she said. Dr. Tay and her husband have two daughters. In her free time, she enjoys traveling, cooking, painting, and anything outdoors with her family.
SPECIAL MEDICAL INTERESTS:
- Breast Cancer, breast disease
- Colon resections
- Gallbladder disease
- Nissen fundoplications
- Thyroid conditions
- Minimally invasive surgery for hernia repair
- Complex repair of ventral/incisional hernia
- Robotic surgery, advanced laparoscopic surgery
- BS in biology, Calvin College, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- MD degree, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Va.
- Residency: Baylor University Medical Center
- Board certified in general surgery, American Board of Surgery
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- Chief Resident of the Year, 2014
- Trauma and Acute Care Chief Resident of the Year, 2014