- BA in physics, Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, Minn.
- MD degree, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Physician Leadership College, University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minn.
St. John’s Hospital and Medical Center, Detroit, Mich.
Board certified in general surgery, American Board of Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Surgical Association of Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- Minnesota Surgical Society
- Minneapolis Surgical Society
- American Hernia Society
- American Hernia Society Quality Collaborative
- Past Chief of Staff, Buffalo Hospital
- Past Chief of Surgery at Maple Grove Hospital
- Member, Maple Grove Hospital Credentials Committee
- Top Doctor, Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine, 2016
- Buffalo Hospital HOPE award, 2016
Dr. Kissner enjoys spending his free time with his wife and their two children. He also enjoys golfing, traveling, and reading.
Why did you choose to become a surgeon?
I had the opportunity to follow a surgeon, and I knew immediately that working in an operating room to help and heal people was my life’s calling.
What’s special about Specialists in General Surgery?
The quality of all of our surgeons and their dedication to giving patients the best experience possible makes us special.