Special Medical Interests:
- Colon resections
- Emergency surgical procedures
- Gallbladder surgery
- Hernia repairs
- Minimally invasive surgery
- B.S., Kinesiology, University of Minnesota
- M.S., Physician Assistant Studies, Bethel University
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Minnesota Academy of Physician Assistants
- Christian Medical & Dental Association
- Member, Good Shepherd Catholic Church
- Former hospital volunteer, University of Minnesota Medical Center
- Former nursing home volunteer, Augustana Health Care Center
Why Did You Choose to Become a Physician Assistant?
I chose to become a physician assistant because I have a heart for serving other people, especially in the context of problem solving and working with my hands. In the medical field, I am able to combine my interests with my desire to work directly with and for others.
What’s Special About Specialists in General Surgery?
Everyone here strives to do the best work they possibly can, all for the sake of each patient’s well-being. The collaboration and cohesion shown throughout all levels of the team make this group particularly remarkable.