Sarah Lippert, MD, FACS, chose surgery because she liked the immediacy of fixing a problem by performing an operation, she said. “It is really satisfying to get results from a procedure right away.” She also enjoys working at Specialists in General Surgery. “This is a fantastic group of people,” she said. “The physicians work together as a group to provide our patients with the best care.” In her spare time, Dr. Lippert enjoys outdoor activities with her husband and son, including camping, running, and hiking.
Special Medical Interests:
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Bariatric surgery
- Advanced esophageal procedures
- Trauma surgery
- Hernia surgery
- BS in genetics and cell biology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn.
- MD degree, St. George’s University, Grenada
- Residency: State University of New York, Buffalo, N.Y.
- Fellowship: Minimally Invasive Surgery at University of Texas, Houston, Tex.
- Board certified in general surgery, American Board of Surgery
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- UROP Grant, University of Minnesota for undergraduate research
- Italian American Scholarship, St. George’s University