- B.S., Bethel University, St. Paul, Minn.
- M.D., State University of New York – Upstate Medical University
Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals, Milwaukee, Wis.
Minimally Invasive Surgery & Bariatric Surgery, Ohio State University
- Board certified in general surgery, American Board of Surgery
- Fundamentals in Laparoscopic Surgery
- Fundamentals in Endoscopic Surgery
- Fundamental Use of Surgical Energy
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Association for Academic Surgery
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Clinical Instructor – General Surgery, Ohio State University, 2017-2018
- Co-author of book chapter on Outcomes in Inguinal Hernia Repair in “Textbook of Hernia – 2017”
- Co-author on research pertaining to the impact of frailty on paraesophageal hernia repair outcomes
- Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals Best Research Award 2016
- Standing Ovation Team Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Award 2016
- Medical College of Wisconsin Resident Teaching Award: 2014, 2015, 2016
- Medical College of Wisconsin Research Day Best Research Presentation Award 2015
- Patient Organization Excellence Team Award 2014
- Medical College of Wisconsin James R. Wallace Award for Minimally Invasive Surgery 2017
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
I enjoy spending time with my family, traveling, the outdoors, sports, volunteer work and church involvement.
Why did you choose to become a surgeon?
I enjoy the opportunity to work with my hands to restore one’s health and the unique opportunities and dynamic interactions surgery offers. In addition, the art of discovering the inside of the human body brings a combination of mystery and complexity.
What’s special about Specialists in General Surgery?
The independence of diverse thought and work, together with the innovative environment fostered in the group, is unique. In addition, it is the value of challenging each other to become better individuals, colleagues and spouses/parents that sets this group apart.