The ability to fix a person’s ailment with his hands drew Kamrun Jenabzadeh, M.D., F.A.C.S., to surgery as a medical profession. “The camaraderie, teamwork, priority of great patient satisfaction, and constant striving for excellence in health care that is portrayed by all who work here is outstanding and remarkable,” he said. When he’s not working, Dr. Jenabzadeh enjoys spending time with his family and staying active by running, biking, and working out. He is a 7th degree black belt and plans to continue learning and passing on the knowledge to his children.
Special Medical Interests:
- Robotic assisted surgery
- Advanced laparoscopy
- Reflux disease
- Esophageal cancer
- Benign and malignant gastrointestinal pathology
- Colorectal oncology
- Complex hernias
- Groin hernias
- Complex ventral and hiatal hernias
- Endocrine, such as adrenal, thyroid and parathyroid diseases
- Diastasis recti
- Colonic endometriosis
- BS in biochemistry, Honors College, University of Houston, Houston, Tex.
- MD degree, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Tex.
- Residency: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Clinical Research: Burn Center at Regions Hospital, St. Paul, Minn.
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Hernia Society
- American Foregut Society
- Minneapolis Surgical Society
- Minnesota Surgical Society
- Proctor for surgeons training in robotic surgery
- Chair, Robotics Program, North Memorial Health Hospital
- Chief of Surgery, North Memorial Health Hospital
- Top Doctor Rising Star, Mpls/St. Paul Magazine, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Best Doctor, Minnesota Monthly Magazine, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018