- BA in history, Carleton College, Northfield, Minn.
- MD degree, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, Minn.
Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, Minn.
Board certified in general surgery, American Board of Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- Surgical Association of Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Minnesota Committee on Trauma
- Minnesota Metro Regional Trauma Advisory Committee
- President, Specialists in General Surgery
- Medical Director, Trauma and Acute Care Surgery, North Memorial Medical Center
- Medical Director, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, North Memorial Medical Center
- Healthgrades Recognized Doctor
- Best Doctor, Minnesota Monthly Magazine, 2015
- Top Doctor, Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine, 2018
Dr. Gipson enjoys spending time with family, water sports, summer running, winter skiing, and reading.
Why did you choose to become a surgeon?
Surgeons have the ability to step in and intervene in a patient’s moment of greatest need and help to restore health.
What’s special about Specialists in General Surgery?
We allow our surgeons to focus on patient care in a supportive, friendly environment. At Specialists in General Surgery, I am supported by superb staff and surgeon partners.
Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy information
Laparoscopic Roux En Y Gastric Bypass information
Overview of Bariatric Surgery by a Patient & Dr. Gipson