- BS in Chemistry and Math, Montana Tech School of Mines and Engineering, Butte, Mont.
- MD degree, with high honors, Ross University, Dominica, West Indies
Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Board certified in general surgery, American Board of Surgery
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- American College of Surgeons
- American Association of Endocrine Surgeons
- Minnesota Medical Association
- Surgical Association of Gastroenterology and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Minneapolis Surgical Society
- Created first Physicians for Human Rights chapter in Dominica, West Indies
- Co-author of largest robotic Nissen/hiatal hernia case series
- Co-author of book chapter on robotic foregut surgery
- Director of Minneapolis Heartburn Center, Specialists in General Surgery
- Chief of Surgery – Maple Grove Hospital, 2018-present
- Member, Medical Executive Committee, Maple Grove Hospital, 2017-present
- 2004 national environmental engineer design champion for design of sanitization and reduction of waste water in produce farming
- Award for Appreciation & Dedication to Dominican Youth Education
- Montana Tech Alumni Recognition Award 2014
- Top Doctor, Mpls/St. Paul Magazine, 2017, 2018
- Rising Star, Mpls/St. Paul Magazine 2017, 2019
Dr. Kemp enjoys any time spent with her husband and four boys.
Why did you choose to become a surgeon?
I am a “fixer,” and it is rewarding to fix something for a person and improve his or her life.
What’s special about Specialists in General Surgery?
The surgeons and staff are compassionate, kind, generous people who work hard serving others in times of need.